- What is the format for UNC CAUSE this year?
- How do I see the full schedule and access conference sessions?
- Who is the Keynote Speaker this year?
- What apps do I need for the conference?
- I would still like to interact virtually with UNC CAUSE. How can I connect with colleagues this year?
- What is a SIG?
- Will there be Unconference sessions?
- Which vendors are sponsoring 2022 UNC CAUSE?
- Is UNC CAUSE on social media?
- I still need assistance. Where do I get help?
- How do I get involved
- What does CAUSE stand for?
- Who is involved with UNC CAUSE this year?
- How many booth participants or attendee badges are included with my registration?
- Is there a floor plan for the venue? Room capacities?
- How many attendees will you expect this year?
- Does UNC CAUSE have a lead retrieval system?
- Where will the event be located?
- Will vendors be provided a list of attendees?
- What are the WiFi and power options available at the conference?
- I haven’t heard from the conference exhibit team. Who do I contact?
- When is vendor hall setup and teardown?
What is the format for UNC CAUSE this year?
UNC CAUSE will be held in-person this year! We are looking forward to seeing everyone in October!
How do I see the full schedule and access conference sessions?
Conference registration is required, and you must have a Sched account that has been invited to the 2022 UNC CAUSE Conference event (occurs after you individually register for conference). Full session details are limited to conference registrants.
Registered late? We’ll continue to add registrants to Sched as quickly as possible.
Who is the Keynote Speaker this year?
Nash Fung: Innovation Keynote Speaker & Magician
Nash Fung is a dedicated keynote speaker & magician who devotes his time to inventing new magic and crafting purposeful presentations to empower his audiences. Drawing from his extensive experience as an innovator in the field of magic, he now unveils the curtain as a keynote speaker, sharing with his audiences the magic behind innovative thinking. His original magic was featured on several national and international television appearances (CW network, Travel Channel, Channel5 (UK), etc…), but his best magic feat is still being a dedicated father of a 2 months old son & a 3 yr old little princess :).
What apps do I need for the conference?
We will use these apps for 2022 UNC CAUSE:
- Sched: A Sched account is required to view full schedule details. You must register for the conference to be invited to the Sched conference event. Note: New conference registrants are to Sched a couple times a week. Thank you for your patience as this is a manual process, please reach out if you are having issues gaining access.
- Slack: Connect with UNC CAUSE attendees through conversations on Slack! Create an account with your @edu email account and you can join our Slack space!
I would still like to interact virtually with UNC CAUSE. How can I connect with colleagues this year?
We have decided to return back to our full in-person event for this year, but don’t worry! There are multiple ways to connect with IT colleagues across the UNC System for UNC CAUSE throughout the year.
- Engage in conversation on Slack and join the #2022-conference Slack channel with your @edu email account.
- Join the #2022-unconference Slack channel to find and schedule times to meet with UNC CAUSE attendees who share your interests!
- Join SIGs that interest you! Different SIGs will meet throughout the conference but are also doing things throughout the year, check out their pages and Slack channels for more information!
What is a SIG?
SIGs is short for Special Interest Groups. These groups are comprised of individuals from UNC CAUSE member institutions that share a common interest around a topic or technology that is prevalent across institutions. See UNC CAUSE SIGs. Most SIGs will meet at the conference so check out the schedule when that is available to see when each SIG will meet!
Will there be UnConference sessions?
We invite you to join the #2022-unconference Slack channel to discuss topics. Here you can find other UNC CAUSE attendees with shared interests to discuss topics during or even after the conference. Please note these slots are available on a first come, first serve basis during the conference in the room dedicated to UnConference.
An UnConference is a participant-driven meeting based on a topic that they would like to talk about with their peers. There is no set presentation, and UnConference attendees are welcome to talk freely about the suggested topic.
Which vendors are sponsoring 2022 UNC CAUSE?
Is UNC CAUSE on social media?
I still need assistance. Where do I get help?
How do I get involved next year?
We’d love to have you involved with UNC CAUSE next year! Please reach out to us through the Contact Us page.
What does CAUSE stand for?
CAUSE stands for College and University System Exchange. See the history of the formation of UNC CAUSE!
Who is involved with UNC CAUSE this year?
It takes so many people around the state to keep UNC CAUSE going each year! Thank you to everyone who has given their time and effort this year and beyond to make UNC CAUSE great! Below are the key people who have helped us so far this year:
President – Sara Smith – WCU
Vendor Chair – Chris Deaton – NCSU
SIG Ambassador – Ron Bradley – NCSU
Past President – Sarah Noell – NCSU
Conference Services Liaison – Tom Van Gilder – ASU
ASU Conference Services – Marissa Winkler – ASU
Treasurer – Karen Horne – NCSU
2022 Planning Team
Co-Chair – Justin Fleming – NCSSM
Co-chair – Dustin Gragg – NCSU
Program Co-Chair – Dr. Hector Molina – FSU
Program Co-Chair – Ashley Adams – UNCW
Communications Chair – Kevin McClain – UNCG
– Martin Moore – ASU
– Wayne Fee – ASU
– Harry Nicholos – Volunteer
– Adalia Hiltebeitel – UNCW
– Gabriella Ferguson – NCSU
– Katie McInerney – NCSU
– Lauren Brandt – UNCW
Where can I download the session slides template?
While a template is not required, will make a 2022 template available closer to time for the conference if you would like to use it!
Is there a Slack channel for presenters?
We will make a speakers channel available after presentations have been selected for the schedule.
How many booth participants or attendee badges are included with my registration?
This depends on the tier you picked in your IRIS registration when you submitted your payment. You can review this as well as purchase additional participant registrations by logging in at https://appstate.irisconference.com/Client/Home. For reference:
- Gold sponsors: 4 attendees including presenter
- Silver sponsors: 3 attendees including presenter
- Bronze sponsors: 2 attendees
Additional booth participants / attendee badges cost $150 per person. We do ask vendors to be cognizant of the number of attendees they bring, as we want to ensure we have adequate seating in sessions for all attendees.
As we get closer to the date of the conference, we will check with you for the names of your booth participants to ensure we can have name placards available for them when you sign in the morning of.
Is there a floor plan for the venue? Room capacities?
The Sheraton Charlotte website includes capacity breakdowns and floor plans. You can find out which room you will be in via the UNC CAUSE schedule which has been updated with vendor session information. For reference, we will use the “schoolroom” setup in breakout rooms. The Governor’s Ballrooms 1 and 2 will be a combination of Governor’s 1&2 and Governors 5&6 respectively.
How many attendees will you expect this year?
This year is exciting because it will be the first in-person event for UNC CAUSE since 2019. In that year, we saw nearly 500 attendees from across the UNC system, all coming from various IT backgrounds and professions, as well as CIO/CTO/CSOs. Our online format was extremely popular, attracting over 900 attendees despite being virtual. As we believe the in-person event provides a significant value in terms of networking and collaboration, we anticipate the turnout to be on par with previous years.
Does UNC CAUSE have a lead retrieval system?
UNC CAUSE does not currently utilize a formal lead retrieval system. However, attendee name placards will include a QR-encoded vCard that should hopefully streamline the process of collecting contact information both for our attendees and vendors wanting to engage after the conference.
Where will the event be located?
UNC CAUSE 2022 will be held at the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel, located at 555 South Mcdowell Street, South Tower in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Will vendors be provided a list of attendees?
Yes, however, we will only provide this list at the conclusion of the conference.
What are the WiFi and power options available at the conference?
WiFi will be provided by the conference venue with coordination by the conference services team, Viper, in conjunction with the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel. Wired connections will be provided as indicated by request in your conference registration. Power strips will also be available for vendor booths.
I haven’t heard from the conference exhibit team. Who do I contact?
Viper Tradeshow Services is who we have contracted to work with vendors to get equipment to the venue, as well as booth setup and teardown. For more information about the services can provide to your team, please refer to the UNC CAUSE Exhibitor Kit. Reach out to Viper for any questions regarding getting your equipment to the venue, as well as booth setup.
[Return to Top]
Vendor hall setup and teardown
The vendor hall will be open to vendors at 9AM on October 3rd, and will open to attendees at 12PM. Teardown will begin after 5PM on October 4th. The vendor hall will not be open to vendors or attendees on October 5th.